Thursday, May 22, 2008

Jo, Noah, and I started reading a book together in the evenings. We chose Very Good, Jeeves, a book by the British author Pelham Granville Wodehouse written in the 1920s, I believe. None of us have read anything by him before, but his name came up a couple times out of the blue within a short period, and a long time ago, I recall that Rachel Mae recommended his writing, so here we have it.

"Very good, sir."

"The rain continued to lash down with what you might call indescribable fury..."

"The Right Hon. was a tubby little chap who looked as if he had been poured into his clothes and had forgotten to say "When!" and the picture he conjured up, if you know what I mean, was rather pleasing."

2 comments:

schupack said...

I'm glad you're blogging again!

Cassie said...

hehe...what a funny quote. I'm SO excited to see you're blogging again! I just happened to think of checking your blog, and wal-lah! All these posts. It's great.

You might want to check your other posts, cause I commented on a few others...

love you so much!

Cass