Thursday, May 15, 2008

Jo is here. The Jo. I'm extremely emotional right now. We all (Noah included) went and picked him up at the airport. Now that's the proper way to meet someone after a long separation. :) I just love the anticipation of waiting in an airport for someone dear. Jo! So we came home and visited a while, and then the three boys went home.

I've missed you SO MUCH! I think something in me died when you left over two years ago. It's incredible to see you again. Your hug—I haven't had anything like that in so long. I'm crying because I didn't realize just how much I missed you and how I've been living the last two years (though they were good). I'm crying because we probably won't ever be living together under the same roof longterm ever again. I'm crying because I'm afraid of this summer, the change, and everything happening at once. I'm crying because I've just been reminded of something very beautiful, and I'm keenly aware of longings that aren't fulfilled and probably won't be any time soon.

No comments: